Cabin Fever Reliever
February 22 @ 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
The Events and Tourism Committee is excited to announce a brand new event, Cabin Fever Reliever! There are so many awesome things for this one!
Starting at 8 am the Brady Nickerson Foundation will be hosting an ice fishing tournament. The Brady Nickerson Foundation’s mission is to help with youth baseball programs in the area and they also have a scholarship fund. It’s $10 to enter and the derby takes place on Mattanawcook Pond. There will also be a “Prettiest Fish Contest” that will be $1 to enter. The derby will wrap up at 2 pm.
Also don’t miss Geaghan Brother’s Brewing’s first ever Ice Bar at Prince Thomas Park!
The Lincoln Lakes Region Chamber of Commerce will be judging a chili cook-off in the Waterfront Event Center.
Set-up: 3:30-4 pm
Tasting: 4-5:30 pm
Awards: 5:45 pm
$10 Entry Fee
Contestants must submit registration by February 19 in order to reserve space.
Here is the form.
Please submit registration via *email to email@example.com or mail to LLRCC, PO Box 164 Lincoln ME 04457.
by February 19,2020 to reserve your spot.
Important Chili Entry Information:
• Please bring min. 6qt. Crock pot of chili (can bring more).
• Tasting will be open to judges and the public
• Please arrive on-site between 3:15 and 3:45 pm for set-up.
• All entrants will be provided with a section of table & electricity.
• Please bring condiments for your chili if desired.& own chair
• Tasting bowls, spoons, napkins and crackers will be provided.
• Please use sanitary and food preparation best practices.
• Be prepared to set-up, serve and clean-up. The event will be held
inside the Waterfront Event Center –there will also be live
music happening in this time frame so be prepared for the sound level .
• Please utilize only USDA inspected meat
We will also have seventwofour performing from 3:30-4:30 at the Waterfront and then Delta Blues singer JM Thomas will play from 4:45-5:45pm.
We will also have a bonfire by LFD, a snow sculpture contest (if we have enough snow) and ice skating! Stay tuned for more details!!